ASACERT certifies companies, under DAC (Dubai Accreditation Department) or UKAS (UK Accreditation Service), with a management system fully compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, including objectives and policies in the area of Workers’ Health and Safety. The issuing process of such Certification is carried out in accordance with current legislation and taking into account potential hazards and risks present in the workplace.
The Legislative Decree N° 81 of 9 April, 2008, called “Consolidated text” on the health and safety in the workplace has been published in the Supplement N° 108/L in the Official Gazette N° 101 of 30 April, 2008. The Consolidation Text on the subject of Safety in the workplace involves a series of tasks that must be rapidly addressed by companies to avoid incurring heavy administrative and criminal sanctions and at the same time to seize the opportunities that the new Decree provides. In particular, Art. 30 of the above decree establishes that enterprises, in order to avoid administrative liability, must adopt and activate a company system that guarantees the fulfilment of juridical obligations relating to:
- respect of the technical-structural standards of the law relating to equipment, facilities, workplaces, chemical, physical and biological agents;
- activities of risk evaluation and of predisposition of measures for the resulting prevention and protection;
- activities of an organisational nature, such as emergencies, first aid, procurement management, periodic safety meetings, consultations with workers’ representatives for safety;
- health surveillance activities;
- informational and training activities for workers;
- monitoring activities with respect to the procedures and of the compliance with the instructions on working in safety on the part of workers;
- the acquisition of documentation and certifications required by law;
- periodic verifications of the application and effectiveness of the adopted procedures.